Pharmaceutical engineering is a branch of engineering focused on discovering, formulating, and manufacturing medication, analytical and quality control processes, and on designing, building, and improving manufacturing sites that produce drugs. Here are some of the scopes of work of pharmaceutical engineering
1. Scope of Project Management Work
- Management of EPCM services (Engineering Procurement & Construction Management).
- Estimating and controlling costs.
- Scheduling and controlling processes.
- Quality and safety guarantee.
- Program management.
2. Scope of Procurement Work
- Project Purchases.
- Non Process Equipment.
- Performance based tenders.
- Contract management.
3. Scope of Commissioning and Qualifications
- Validation master plan.
- Traceability matrix.
- Risk Assessment.
- Qualification protocols.
- Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carry out FAT and SAT.
- DQ, IQ, OQ and PQ
3. Scope of Design and Engineering Work
- Main site planning.
- Feasibility study.
- Basic and detailed engineering conceptual and design.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing process.
- Cleanroom and building.
- Build MEP and HVAC services.
- Instrumentation, process control, systems automation & MRP system.
- Electric system
- Clean utilities and piping.
4. Scope of the Consulting Work
- Location selection
- Risk assessment (HAZOP).
- Analysis of regulatory impact.
- Waste / Emission reduction.
- Reduction and reuse of water.